Looking for something to whip up for your July 4th celebration, but don’t want to derail your plan? Try our favorite Mini Keto Burgers. They’re perfect if you’re following a keto or paleo diet, and because you only need 4 ingredients and 20 minutes to make these bite-sized burgers, they’re ideal if you’re strapped for time and want to get in a quick workout. (Try our 4thof July workout here). And if you’re in need of a few more 4thof July–inspired menu items for your picnic or cookout, check out these 4 patriotic 5-ingredient or less recipes.
EASY-TO-MAKE KETO BURGERS
Servings: 8 (2 mini burgers per serving)
- 2 lb. ground bison meat or beef (85%)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. organic coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tomato, sliced (optional)
- Lettuce (optional to wrap the burgers)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spritz a cookie sheet with oil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add mushrooms and onion to a food processor. Pulse a few times until finely chopped. Place mushroom and onion mixture on a paper towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Combine beef, mushroom and onion mixture, coconut aminos, and salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl, and use your hands to combine.
- Pat into 16 small patties and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from oven and serve with tomato and lettuce wraps, or allow to cool, and then place in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag to freeze.
Calories 205 | Fat 11g | Sugar 3g | Carbs 4g | Fiber 0g | Protein 24g
If you enjoyed this recipe and you’re looking for a post-holiday reset, make sure to join us on July 9 for our complimentary D.TOX program.
In health, Anika Christ – Director – Digital Programming & Events – Life Time Weight Loss
This article is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations in this and other articles is at the choice and risk of the reader.