It takes effort and dedication to make time for a workout, especially on a holiday. That’s why it’s nice to have a few go-to workouts that you can do anywhere (with or without weights).
Check out my July 4th–inspired fat-burning workout below. There are 13 movements (for the 13 colonies) with sets of 50 (for the 50 states). It’s also a perfect workout when you’re traveling, and ideal for those days when you need to get movement in, but just can’t make it to the club.
Also, make sure to check out our Mini Keto Burgers for your 4thof July menu. They only have 4 ingredients and take less than 20 minutes to make. And if you need more menu ideas for your celebration, check these recipes out.
COACH ANIKA’S 20-MINUTE FAT-BURNING WORKOUT
1. Sumo Squat: 24 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
2. Forward Lunge: 24 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
3. Plank: 2 minutes, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
4. Pushup: 12 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
5. Lateral Lunge: 36 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
6. Side Plank: 2 minutes (1 minute each side), 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
7. Reverse Lunge: 24 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
8. Dips: 12 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
9. Reverse Crunch: 14 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
10. Kickbacks: 20 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
11. Row: 16 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
12. Squat Jumps: 14 reps, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
13. Inchworm: 50 seconds, 1–2 sets, 30 second rest
If you need more of a challenge just decrease the length of your breaks and do another round. I’m also adding a chart below for reference.
Have a happy and healthy 4th and if you have any questions about the workout, reach out to me at email@example.com. And if you liked this workout, make sure to join us for our next Lean + Tone program.
In health, Anika Christ – Director – Digital Programming & Events – Life Time Weight Loss
This article is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations in this and other articles is at the choice and risk of the reader.